These 2 slate stone serving trays can be used to serve sushi, cheese, appetisers or deserts. Size: 30cm diameter, 5mm thickness.
• Can be written on in chalk and wiped clean
• Perfect pieces for dinner parties or a buffet
• For sushi, green tea and matcha lovers
• Hand wash with hot soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly with soft cloth; Do not immerse in water; Not intended for use as a cutting or carving board; Hand wash only.
Each board can be written on using standard chalk, so is fantastic for adding a personal touch to a meal. Why not personalise each tray with each guests name as a unique place setting at a dinner party. Alternatively each slate board could also be used to hold a different cheese on a buffet which can be then clearly labelled.
- Is slate fragile? Will it break if I drop it?
Slate is a very strong material. We supply only high quality slate stones which can be cut so thin and it will not break easily. A normal slate can handle having dozens of times it own weight on top of it.
The easiest way to think of natural slate like ours is that is is very similar to porcelain or glass. It is very hard and durable but it is likely to break if it is hit sharply by something hard or dropped on a hard surface. If you treat your slate like you would any dish or glass from your kitchen, your slate will be perfectly fine!
- How to clean your slate?
All of our products are treated and sealed to be food safe. Soapstone, chalk, crumbs, and liquids wipe off easily with a damp sponge or towel. Our slate boards can also be washed with a sponge and dish soap. Slate boards that do not have EVA feet on the bottom are dishwasher safe.